This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mapping Network Drive Through a VPN

I'm working on a software development project this semester as part of the requirements for graduation in our CS program. I'm really excited about it because I'm working with a lot of new development tools and styles, including my first experience in a UNIX based environment. So far I love everything about the Kubuntu distribution and I'm becoming more familiar and comfortable in it.

However, I need to figure out how to map a few network drives from our servers on campus to my local machine so I can synchronize data. I have no trouble doing this in Windows and I can get the VPN to properly connect through PPTPConfig, but I am struggling to gain access to any shared drives. I have the IP addresses of the servers I need to access and the folder names to map, but using Samba through Konqueror I get nothing. Also, I know in order to access any of this data I need to specify my school user name and password so I'm not sure where that is going to come in. Basically, I'm just wondering what anyones uses for this process and how I should go about it.

I really appreciate any help.

Re: Mapping Network Drive Through a VPN

Ok well now I was able to get access through Samba into the shared network drive but unfortunately to do that I need to have my PPTP settings to route all traffic through the VPN tunnel. I would prefer not to have to do that and be able to use the Client to LAN setting and only use the VPN for accessing the shared drives I need. Is there a way to do this?

Comment

Working...
    X