Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Settings - missing Audio widget

Hello,
    After solving a problem with the kernel not recognising my sound card I don't see the widget to work with "Audio" in system settings. How can I get it back to show up again? Can I somehow reinstall "system settings"?
    Thanks for any hints
    H. Stoellinger

In a Konsole enter:

kcmshell5 kcm_pulseaudio

To see what other dialogs are available through kcmshell5 use:

kcmshell5 --list

You can edit the Applications on the left side of the lower panel and add that command so that it will present you with an audio GUI directly. Under "Settings" I created the Item menu "Audio Settings" and entered the command on the right panel. Then saved it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	audio_settings.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	644608

Last edited by GreyGeek; Mar 17, 2020, 12:11 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Audio widget missing

kcmshell5 kcm_pulseaudio: kcm_pulseaudio is not available under kcmshell5. I am on KDE 5.18.3. Looked through the rest of the commands: Nothing seems to fit what I want to do.
      Thanks anyway for your help
      H. Stoellinger - Austria
      Last edited by Snowhog; Mar 17, 2020, 02:13 PM. Reason: No need to quote for this reply

Comment

kcmshell5 kcm_pulseaudio on 5.18.2 gives me this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	plsa.png
Views:	1
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	644609

Comment

Originally posted by hstoellinger View Post
          kcmshell5 kcm_pulseaudio: kcm_pulseaudio is not available under kcmshell5. I am on KDE 5.18.3. Looked through the rest of the commands: Nothing seems to fit what I want to do.
          Thanks anyway for your help
          H. Stoellinger - Austria
          kcm_pulseaudio is located in the plasma-pa package. It is normally installed during the distro installation procedure and is located at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/kcms/kcm_pulseaudio.so

So, you can use "sudo apt install plasma-pa" in a Konsole to install it.

However, this raises the question as to how you installed the Plasma desktop? And, what other kcm applets are missing?
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by hstoellinger View Post
            kcmshell5 kcm_pulseaudio: kcm_pulseaudio is not available under kcmshell5. I am on KDE 5.18.3.
            It's there on both Kubuntu 19.10 and 20.04 both with Plasma 5.18.3.
            Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
            X