Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolphin file namager does not see my NAS (Diskstation)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin file namager does not see my NAS (Diskstation)

Hello...

I just installed Kubuntu for the first time. I opened the default file manager Dolphin, but I am unable to connect to my NAS (Diskstation) which is running Samba.

In Dolphin I tried ... Network/Shared Folders(SMB) but received a message "Unable to find any workgroups in your local network. This might be caused by an enabled firewall."

I don't think it is a fire wall issue for two reasons
    1. I can connect to the NAS from Firefox.
    2. To test, I downloaded another file manager tool "PCManFM" from "Discover", and it immediately found the NAS and displayed the directories after signing on.
    Is there something I need to configure to get Dolphin to connect to my NAS?

Thanks
    Steve

Please disregard...figured it out. Had to enter the diskstation name after smb at top of samba screen. it wouldn't find it on its own but could access it when given name. it is working now. not sure how i close the item.
    Last edited by Chimerlock; Nov 29, 2021, 10:20 PM. Reason: figured it out. Had to enter the diskstation name after smb at top of samba screen

Glad you figured it out.

To mark a thread as "Solved" click on "edit" in the lower right corner of the first post on the thread, Then in the upper left, you should see a couple boxes. Click the down arrow on the "No Prefix" box and scroll down a bit until you see "Thread Headers". "Solved" is right below it. Select it and then click Save (again in the lower right).

Kind of a pain IMO but we're new to this version of vBulletin and I don't know any way to do it quicker.

Please Read Me

Comment

• Snowhog
      Snowhog commented
      Editing a comment
      Due to the significant code base change in vBulletin 5, almost no MODs exist for it (yet ?). Much of what we came to expect in KFN pre-vBulletin 5 was the result of installed MODs. The Mark Thread SOLVED was one of those MODs.
Working...
X