X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoWorries
    replied
    When I do a new installation I use my package manager to install:

phonon4qt5-backend-vlc, libvdpau-va-gl1, libvdpau-dev, libxine2-all-plugins, and kubuntu-restricted-extras.

I also have a note in my file which says:
    If VLC has no video, go to Tools > Preferences > Video - Output => Opengl video output
    Hope this helps in some way to solve your problem with videos.

Leave a comment:

• Snowhog
    replied
    See https://linuxhint.com/install_multimedia_codecs_ubuntu/

Leave a comment:

• AntoK
    started a topic Playing Multimedia

Playing Multimedia

I am a Linux software user for about 2 years and have recently upgraded from Kubuntu 20.04 to Kubuntu 22.04. I took the opportunity to re-partition so I have only one OS installed. The installation was completed using an ISO image downloaded from the I/N. Apart from becoming familiar with the new appearance I have only experienced one problem; I cannot play audio CD's or video DVD's! The media is visible in FILE MANAGER(Dolphin) but the installed media player VLC does not respond. I have have downloaded other Multimedia app's which produce similar results. The only clue I have is an error message; part of which I have copied as a PS.
    The OS was loaded into my laptop using the DVD R/W disk drive; the same drive was used to load the audio/video media. Any help will be much appreciated. I am no expert; don't blind me with too much tech'!

PS. Your input cannot be opened.
    VLC is unable to open the MRL 'file;///run/user/1000/kio-fuse-DCVjhL/audiocd/various%20-............wav

Working...
X