Application widgets don't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application widgets don't work

If I right click an application and select "Add to Panel (widget)", the resulting widget in the panel does not work. If clicked on, a "blank file" icon appears in the panel and quickly closes, and nothing happens.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thwompin; Sep 11, 2022, 05:02 PM.

Which version of Kubuntu are you using? It's working well on my 22.04 (updated) here. No problem. So give us a little more to go on, thanks.
    Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

I'm going to assume you're using 22.04, but where and how are you right-clicking on an application to select "Add to Panel" ?

Please Read Me
      Be not the first by whom the new are tried, Nor yet the last to lay the old aside. - Alexander Pope, An Essay on Criticism, 1711

Comment

The simplest way to accomplish this is to launch the application, then right-click on the icon in the Panel and click Pin to Panel (or words to that effect).
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holme

Comment

I get nothing about pinning to any Panel. That's why I asked for more info. Here, I can pin to the Task Manager, but the Panel only accepts widgets AFAIK.

Please Read Me
          Be not the first by whom the new are tried, Nor yet the last to lay the old aside. - Alexander Pope, An Essay on Criticism, 1711

Comment

Ahh, I am using the "Application Dashboard" and it doesn't allow pinning Applications to the panel unless you go into the Applications list. If I switch to either of the alternatives - Application Launcher or Application Menu - they appear to allow pinning to the panel directly from the menu.

Please Read Me

Comment

BTW, using Application Launcher, I had no trouble pinning an Application to the Task Manager.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
              X