Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] I want observable 'frames' for my application windows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] I want observable 'frames' for my application windows!

Hi guys!

I spent some time recently experimenting with my KDE interface, downloading and tweaking the Appearance and Workspace options and I am quite pleased with the result. However, I cannot find a combination of adjustments that give me noticeable 'frames' around the application windows. Since I am wanting only light colored themes I find that overlapping windows "disappear" into each other.

What I am looking for is reminiscent of Windows (shudder) XP. On my predominantly white application backgrounds I want dark (black) frames. Because of the problem of them disappearing I wouldn't mind them being wider than a 'pencil line' and I really want the page elevators to also be wide and not disappear as is the current design vogue. Suggestions please.
    -=Ken=-
    "A man has to know his limitations." Harry Callihan (Dirty Harry)
    DIY ASRock AB350, AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 16 GB RAM, nvidia GT-710, kubuntu 20.04

Window decoration settings control that
    Search for that in System Settings
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230126_175046.png
Views:	120
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	668101

Comment

Thanks, again, claydoh. Just changing the window decorations I couldn't see much if any change when applied. However, reading the (ahem) Help file I finally found that I can change the borders to eight different sizes! The option wasn't real obvious to me. I settled for Large and I am now much happier! Great!
      -=Ken=-

Comment

Would you like to post screenshots how it looks now?
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
          Would you like to post screenshots how it looks now?
          I betcha it is this classic

Comment

Saw that and threw up in my mouth a little!

Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Wow! Leave you guys alone for a couple of hours and you never know what pops up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230126_191102.png
Views:	97
Size:	491.0 KB
ID:	668110

Love those orange folders.
              -=Ken=-

Comment

kenj70 Thank you. I like light themes, too.

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                I betcha it is this classic
                Well, this is something different!
                Suddenly I got an appetite for chocolate-raspberry cake…
                Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Jan 26, 2023, 09:52 PM.
                Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
                Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

Comment removed.
                  -=Ken=-

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                    Saw that and threw up in my mouth a little!

You don't recall this one? it IS a legit KDE theme from the early KDE 4 days, Fluffy Bunny. Done more an a demonstration example or design exercise, as much as for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                      You don't recall this one? it IS a legit KDE theme from the early KDE 4 days,
                      I do. I know. Still a little.
                      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                      X