This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[System] Repeat Links in Launcher

I have a number of repeated links in my launchers. How can I remove the repeats?
    kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Unlock widgets.
    Right mouse on offending link, choose "remove".
    Lock widgets.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I tried that but the only commands I see are: add to favourites, add to desktop, and add to panel. I am using kubuntu 14.04

Comment

It's the Panel that has to be unlocked so that it can be edited. When doing so, mousing over icons on the Panel will present the option to delete them.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I think that we are talking at cross purposes.

In the lower panel, I have number of launchers, for example, Homerun Kicker. If I click on HK and then click on internet, I see a number of repeated links. It is these links that I would like to remove.

Comment

From what I can tell, this widget simply picks up the K Menu entries, so if you are seeing 'repeats', then I'd have to say that those 'repeats' are in the K Menu as well. Have you checked?
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

K Menu!

Comment

Right click the kicker/launcher icons and select "Edit Applications". Delete on there adds shortcuts to the .hidden section.

May or may not work, depending on the reason for the duplication.
                On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
                  Right click the kicker/launcher icons and select "Edit Applications". Delete on there adds shortcuts to the .hidden section.

May or may not work, depending on the reason for the duplication.
                  It worked, thank you

Best wishes.

Comment

Working...
                  X