Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 13.04 upgrade I'm unable to build vmhgfs module [vmware tools].

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 13.04 upgrade I'm unable to build vmhgfs module [vmware tools].

After doing a distribution upgrade from Kubuntu 12.10 to 13.04 on my VMWware guest, when I reinstall vmware tools I'm getting errors in the "vmhgfs module" part of the install. This is preventing the filesystem driver from working it seems. Full text of the install process is here, and the area with the errors is lines 285-358. Things seem to fall apart after...

/tmp/modconfig-ZJ54iS/vmhgfs-only/inode.c:888:4: error: implicit declaration of function ‘vmtruncate’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
    Without this module, I'm unable to share host folders with the guest directly. All dependencies are installed, ie: make, gcc, binutils, kernel-headers; and detected properly.

First item here: http://www.google.com/search?q=error...ion+vmtruncate

shows a patch to fix the bug. See section 3. Although it's for Fedora, it probably would work on *ubuntu, too.

Comment

Ooh that looks helpful thank you : D I see they have quite a few more errors though, so I might have to dig around and see if i can reduce changes to a minimum. I see a few difference in terminology that would make me a bit cautious about treating it the same.

Comment

Working...
      X