This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Trouble setting up Evolution Email

I'm having trouble with a few things in setting up evolution in my Kubuntu.

1] Is the mail client authentication keeps popping up and I have forgotten/lost that password; I would prefer to just deactivate it.

2] It has been over a year since I needed to add an icon to the desktop and the menu and for the life of me I cannot remember how to do those simple task.

Thx in advance for help or links
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

#2 Unlock widgets and then right-click the menu entry. Choose Panel or Desktop by left-clicking the entry and lock widgets when finished.
    GigaByte GA-965G-DS3, Core2Duo at 2.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ASUS DRW-24B1ST, LiteOn iHAS 324 A, NVIDIA 7300 GS, 500 GB and 80 GB WD HDD

Comment

Thx I do know about the unlocking and locking

I could not find a widget for Evolution mail.

Any help with disabling the mail authentcation would be great. Also how to get evolution into my K-Laucher Thx
      Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

Comment

First, look around for Evolution menu entry, there should be one. Use the search box at the top of your menu, and simply typing in the first 3 or 4 letters will show it if it is there. If there is, you simply right click on the entry and send it to your Desktop that way. Not sure why it did not create one, I suggest logging out then back in to see if it shows up before creating an entry manually.

If not, right click on your Kmenu and select "Edit Applications" and create a new entry from there. You may have to browse to find where the executable is - probably /usr/bin/evolution or similar.

Comment

Thx claydoh; got it in my K list but it does not seem to have an icon. K-list is good enough for quick-launch.

Any idea on how to deactivate the "Mail Authentication Request" box that keeps popping up?

Like your sig

Comment

Originally posted by wanderingarcticfox View Post
            Thx claydoh; got it in my K list but it does not seem to have an icon. K-list is good enough for quick-launch.

Any idea on how to deactivate the "Mail Authentication Request" box that keeps popping up?

Like your sig
            No idea, have not used evolution in a very very long time. You may need the gnome key ring, analogous to kwallet, in order to store the mail login data, but I am not sure.

As to the icon, if you click on the existing icon in the menu editor, you can look for the icon in the various categories, or select one you like that you find in there.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
            Last edited by claydoh; Nov 23, 2012, 01:23 PM.

Comment

I tried to get this working a while back, and even after installing gnome-keyring, I couldn't make the prompts go away. Furthermore, while standard IMAP worked fine, I could never get the Exchange Web Services plugin to work.

Curiously, on another machine that I first built up using UbuntuGNOME and then added Kubuntu, Evolution worked fine. No annoying authentication dialog, and EWS behaved as expected. So there must be something else present in a standard Unity/GNOME build that's missing from a pure Kubuntu build. I didn't bother doing a deep comparison to my pure Kubuntu laptop, so I don't know what that extra something might be.

Comment

Evo;;;ution Account Assistant

I cannot seem to figure out how to relaunch the evolution account assitant; any ideas?

{solved} solution found>>>

>Edit>Preferences> then select the defaut mail acount
                > select edit this opens the Account Editor
                Last edited by wanderingarcticfox; Nov 28, 2012, 10:33 AM. Reason: list solution

Comment

Working...
                X