X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 12.04 Permission Denied errors when starting up

When I boot up, I get these errors:

Code:
    Unlcoking the disk /dev/disk/by-uuid/6e270a39-52ff-4db3-9676-41feae30037 (sda5_crypt)
    Enter passphrase:
    cryptsetup: sda5_crypt set up successfully
    fsck from util-linux 2.20.1
    fsck from util-linux 2.20.1
    /dev/sda1: clean, 251/124496 files, 168770/248832 blocks
    /dev/mapper/sda5_crypt: clean, 236020/45776896 files, 24057030/183080192 blocks
    udev[895]: failed to execute '/sbin/modprobe' '/sbin/modprobe -bv input:b0019v0000p0000ee0000-e0,3,kra0,1,2,mlsfw': Permission denied

mountall: mount / [896]: Permission denied
    udevd[895]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/accelerometer' 'accelerometer /devices/platform/lis31vo2d/input/inputt12/js0': Permission denied

udevd[898]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/accelerometer' 'accelerometer /devices/platform/lis31vo2d/input/input12/event12': Permission denied

udevd[904]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/udisks-part-id' 'udisks-part-id /dev/sda1': Permission denied

[  24.576881] Bad LUN (0:1)
    [  24.577017] Bad target number (1:0)
    [  24.577181] Bad target number (2:0)
    [  24.577311] Bad target number (3:0)
    [  24.577440] Bad target number (4:0)
    [  24.577570] Bad target number (5:0)
    [  24.577688] Bad target number (6:0)
    [  24.577728] Bad target number (7:0
    udevd[906]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/scsi_id' 'scsi_id --export --whitelisted -d /dev/sdb': Permission denied

udevd[907]: failed to execute '/sbin/blkid' '/sbin/blkid -o udev -p /dev/sdb': Permission denied

udevd[908]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/udisks-part-id' 'udisks-part-i /dev/sbd': Permission denied

udevd[909]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/hdparm' '/lib/udeb/hdparm': Permission denied

udevd[910]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/scsi_id' 'scsi_id --export --whitelisted -d /dev/sdb': Permission denied

udevd[911]: failed to execute '/sbin/blkid' '/sbin/blkid -o udev -p /dev/sdb': Permission denied

udevd[9012]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/udisks-part-id' 'udisks-part-i /dev/sbd': Permission denied
    From here it just hangs. I don't know why I'm getting these errors, I just booted up like normal and got these errors. Is there any way to fix this without reistalling?

Try booting into rescue mode, if that doest work, ou can probobly boot from the livecd and 'chmod'

Sent with Tapatalk2
    Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Originally posted by jpenguin View Post
      Try booting into rescue mode, if that doest work, ou can probobly boot from the livecd and 'chmod'

Sent with Tapatalk2
      Sorry, I'm a total noob, so I don't exactly follow what you mean. My brother checked the permissions, and he said they looked correct.

Comment

It looks to me that some of the items it's trying to set up at boot need to be done as root (administrator) and you don't have that privilege. It could be that permissions for this set up has changed. Before the error occurred was there anything you did to your account or to the system which might change your permission?

Comment

Originally posted by nickstonefan View Post
          It looks to me that some of the items it's trying to set up at boot need to be done as root (administrator) and you don't have that privilege. It could be that permissions for this set up has changed. Before the error occurred was there anything you did to your account or to the system which might change your permission?
          My brother removed me from sudoers and set a root password. He also ran "sudo chmod -r" on some of games in /home. Other than that I don't know of any permissions that were changed.

Here's the progress I've made so far asking on 4chan's /g/: http://archive.installgentoo.net/g/thread/S28837666 (semi-SFW).

Comment

I reckon if you were able to add your account to the sudo database that problem will disappear.

Also, why have you encrypted your disk (or home partition)? You really only need to encrypt disks (partitions) if your storing sensitive information (or illegal material) otherwise encryption is a waste of time in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by nickstonefan View Post
              I reckon if you were able to add your account to the sudo database that problem will disappear.

Also, why have you encrypted your disk (or home partition)? You really only need to encrypt disks (partitions) if your storing sensitive information (or illegal material) otherwise encryption is a waste of time in my opinion.
              I haven't logged in yet, so it's already running as root.

As for the encryption, I just want to be secure from anyone who might want to look at my data.

Comment

bump

Comment

bump

Comment

if I were you I would get with your brother as he made the changes to the system that may/may not be the cause of your problems.

definitely their is a serous problem in that the system or root dosent seem to have permission to start up correctly

VINNY
                    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                    16GB RAM
                    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                      if I were you I would get with your brother as he made the changes to the system that may/may not be the cause of your problems.

definitely their is a serous problem in that the system or root dosent seem to have permission to start up correctly

VINNY
                      My brother said the only things he remembers doing is changing the ownership of some files in home to root. It worked, but it seems now randomly this has happened several days after. As far as he remembers, aside from removing me from the sudoers group no other changes were made, which worked. No changes at all were made to the superuser, as far as he can remember.

Comment

ok then lets check the permissions of udevd do a
                        Code:
                        ls -la /sbin/udevd
                        ans see what you get ......mine is
                        vinny@Vinnys-HP-G62:~$ ls -la /sbin/udevd
                        -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 137304 Oct 11 04:20 /sbin/udevd
                        vinny@Vinnys-HP-G62:~$
                        VINNY
                        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                        16GB RAM
                        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

From grub menu list select rescue mode with the down arrow
                          then use the down arrow at the rescue list to select "root"
                          That should get you into the root command line prompt
                          Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                            ok then lets check the permissions of udevd do a
                            Code:
                            ls -la /sbin/udevd
                            ans see what you get ......mine is

VINNY
                            I just ran that, and I got
                            Code:
                            -rwxr-xr-x root root 13704 Jul 19 08: /sbin/udevd
                            It's the same as yours.

Comment