Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some weird notification keeps popping after a boot.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some weird notification keeps popping after a boot.

I have installed Kubuntu 12.04 and after booting into it I have started to noticed a weird in notification which displays abnormally wide window with a arabic and other indic languages with a bottom line stating that it failed to do something.

See the screenshot attached:

I don't have a direct answer for you, but this seems similar enough to another problem that you might follow that thread...

Comment

Update: please see the following post for a less drastic temporary solution.

http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...l=1#post296994

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I seem to have solved this problem. It was searching for gksu package(I found it when I scrolled over that notification, it had option to launch the 'update now'). I installed gksu package and since then have no such notification.

Comment

sudo rm /var/lib/update-notifier/user.d/data-downloads-failed
          or
          sudo rm /var/lib/update-notifier/user.d/data-downloads-failed-permanently

This may help. Found it on other thread so thought to put it here so that it would be helpful for anyone else landing here with similar problem.

Comment

I had this identical problem, which I solved by removing the file 'flashplugin-installer' and also removing the add-on 'flash-aid' from Firefox.
            Retired Merchant Seaman, 45 years service. (Computer 1): Gygabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2 board, AMD Athlon II x2 255 cpu, GV-R6450C-1G graphics, 2 x 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB WD Green HD. (Computer 2): Asus F2A85-M PRO board, AMD A-Series A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad Core 100W cpu, 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 RAM, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD

Comment

I have the same issue. I will give these solutions a try.

Comment

Working...
              X