X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cpu kernel panic

Hello.
    Since yesterday i've been messing with my notebook trying to get the 12.04 up and running, but without success.
    Since the beginning i couldn't get the live up and running, but I thought that it may have been a graphic problem -the setup just freezed in loop without errors- so I just installed it using the text installation. After the installation i found the thruth: the system kept going in kernel panic, the first two lines being:

[Hardware Error]: Machine check: Processor context corrupt
    Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal machine check on current CPU

this with the kernel 3.2.0-23. I burned again Kubuntu 11.10 -which run fine until yesterday- and tried it: no problems at all. I checked the release notes and a kernel panic problem with dells caught my attention: I tried fixing it as instructed with the 984387 bug report, but no success.
    I did a clean 11.10 install, upgraded to 12.04 and upgraded to the kernel 3.2.0-24: again, no success. But since i upgraded from the 11.10 i still have the kernel 3.0.0-17: with that kernel Kubuntu runs fine, but with the 3.2 i can't find a way to boot. Nomodeset and the ir fix didn't work either.

My machine is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A1667G, specs:
    Processor: Amd Athlon 64 mobile 3700+ (2.4ghz)
    Ram: 1gb
    Vga: X700 mobile

Can you help me? i can produce error logs if needed, just tell me what to do.
    Thank you in advance
    Live

Edit: I solved it, here's the solution if someone else gets this problem.
    As I thought it was a kernel problem: switching to the 3.3.3-030303 final didn't work either, so I tried out the latest kernel available: 3.4.0-030400rc4. With this I don't seem to have any problems at all.
    Last edited by Live; Apr 30, 2012, 01:38 PM.
Working...
X