This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[workaround] font size keeps resetting

This has been happening for quite a while, don't know which version of kde it started with, but has been going on since at least 4.xx. Every time I set different colors, theme, etc -- basically do anything in systemsettings > application appearance -- the font sizes change back to 9, from 11 where I have them set. Not a big issue to fix, but getting irritating. Is this a known problem, or any fix available?
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Re: font size keeps resetting

Here the Kubuntu was resetting to the default Kubuntu settings - font and the font size. Kubuntu default settings: /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profile/default/share/config/.

To fix this i have edited the Kubuntu defaults: /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profile/default/share/config/kdeglobals.

Looking my own kdeglobals font settings: ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals and copying them to the Kubuntu defaults.
    Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
    - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

Druid, I've seen the same thing happen on occasion. The only preceding activity that I've noticed more than a few times is changing a system-wide setting where a GUI program runs under kdesudo -- when the setting operation finishes, the fonts revert to whatever root's fonts would be. I've managed to make the problem go away by running kdesudo systemsettings and setting the fonts there to the same thing I want them to be when I run systemsettings non-elevated. Perhaps that would work for you, too.

Comment

've managed to make the problem go away by running kdesudo systemsettings and setting the fonts there to the same thing I want them to be when I run systemsettings non-elevated. Perhaps that would work for you, too.
        It didn't. Furthermore, even with fonts set to 11 in /root/,kde/share/config/kdeglobals, it still shows them in 9 when running as kdesudo systemsettings. It does show the correct theme and color set, though. And even with root's fonts set to 11, it keeps reverting to 9.

Until:
        To fix this i have edited the Kubuntu defaults: /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profile/default/share/config/kdeglobals.
        Seems to have worked. Other thing I noticed is that it is changing color schemes on me, too, apparently after using system settings. It does not appear to be changing themes. That's not so bad, but it really shouldn't be doing that. I guess I will try to document a set of conditions under which it happens repeatably, then file a bug report.
        We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

I will use this workaround but there is an old bug report concerning this issue
          https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=256519
          Would be great if this could be fixed.

Comment

Working...
          X