This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

krfb +_ vnc client = screen goes black after a few seconds

when I connect to krfb with a VNC client (I tried realvnc and tightvnc) the screen goes black after about 3s of inactivity. this menas I need to constantly move my mouse around to prevent the screen from going black while I read it.
    Is this a security or bandwidth saving feature of krfb? can I change the timeout to something more palatable, like 30s or something?

Re: krfb +_ vnc client = screen goes black after a few seconds

The screen may be blank because no programs are running that might put output on that screen. Run some program, like a window manager or an terminal. See if that makes your screen stay lit.

Or, try "xset s off" in command line inside vnc.

Other commands which will affect how long the screen is active:

-nap Monitor activity and if it is low take longer naps

-nonap between screen polls to really cut down load when idle. Default: take naps

-sb time Time in seconds after NO activity (e.g. screen blank) to really throttle down the screen polls (i.e. sleep for about 1.5 secs). Use 0 to disable. Default: 60
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I just realized krfb uses 30% of the CPU from one of my cores, so I'm getting rid of it.
      I'll try the x11vnc route.

Comment

You might want to give nxclient, nxserver, and nxmode a look.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X