Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your KDE (screenshots)

Hi,

thought I'd start a screenshot thread. Perhaps there are some nice ones out there...

Quick instructions:
    I use www.omploader.org - browse - upload - copy and paste BBCode into your post. Result:
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Re: your KDE (screenshots)

Cool. Notice you use the Fuzzy Clock. Yes, that is the first thing I noticed. Just thought that was interesting.

Comment

mine on the desktop is simple.. just a background and the bkodamas with a few widgets..

my netbook is where the cool plasma stuff is happening.. (using desktop plasma) i should take a snap of that next time i use it there are at least some widgets on the netbook...
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
        Cool. Notice you use the Fuzzy Clock. Yes, that is the first thing I noticed. Just thought that was interesting.
        I like it fuzzy 8)

However, even my 1920 wide screen is not long enough to display a full "twenty past eleven" with all the other crap going on in the taskbar :P Switched back to a digital clock for now.
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

My netbook - desktop PC looks the same.

[img width=400 height=234]http://ebassist.com/pix/netbook.jpg[/img]
          we see things not as they are, but as we are.
          -- anais nin

Comment

June scenery in February:

Last edited by dibl; Jan 01, 2013, 08:10 AM.

Comment

My Toshiba:

Attached Files
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Is that yasp? If so, could I have your configs ?

Comment

Originally posted by toad
                  Is that yasp?
                  Conky (Conky - Home)

Comment

Cheers Snowhog, but how can you be sure (unless of course dibl told you )?

Comment

Because I'm Snowhog and "It is quite a three pipe problem, ..." Besides, I happen to know that is what he is using.

Comment

Ah, those pipes again 8)

No yasp, no configs. conky can be cumbersome with kde (no real transparency). There is scriptable yasp which does it all but for which I'm lacking configs :P

Comment

Hmm. Might need to clean out the pipe. I'd forgotten that Conky doesn't do 'true' transparency. Googled on yasp system monitor and found yasp-scripted

So, you might be right after all. (Watson! My pipe needs cleaning.)

According to the information on kde-look.org for Yasp-Scripted, it's only packaged for Arch, although the source is also available for compilation. Guess will just have to wait for dibl to settle this once and for all.

Comment

thats once cool plasmoid either way.. would like to get a copy for my self.

now if you will all pardon me i need to go clean my pipe.
                            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Thanks for digging out the link (I still don't know how to embed them so nicely despite dibl having told me a NUMBER of times )!

Anyway, your pipes got me on the case and I'm installing as I write...

Comment

Working...
                              X