This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost Perfect Except for A Funny Little K3B Bug

I wiped Kubuntu 11.10 and freshly installed Kubuntu 12.04. Everything works perfectly but is anyone else got this K3B error message? Every time I launch K3B the following message pops up "Extra Packages can be installed to enhance functionality for K3B". I already installed those packages on the command line and K3B works perfectly except for this error - it rips cds to mp3 fine and burns mp3 to audio cd without any hiccups just this error message asking me to install files that I've already installed:confused

Well, it isn't an 'error' message. It's a 'reminder/recommendation' message. But having installed what it recommends, the message still appearing would be a minor issue, especially given that k3b runs properly otherwise.

You said you installed the recommended packages from the CLI. Go ahead and allow k3b to attempt installing the recommendations.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Sorry I didn't make it clear that I had already followed K3B recommendation 3 or 4 times and installed the required the package but it doesn't make any difference - each time I launch K3B I get the same message so now I ignore it.

Comment

You then, likely see the System Notification Helper icon in the System Tray. You can right-click on it and choose Never show again and be done with it.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks Snowhog

Comment

This is happening to me as well...

Comment

It seems to a Kubuntu 12.04 bug, I had that bug on both my desktop and my laptop. I always install 3rd party stuff doing the initial Kubuntu installation and later on I also install the non-free-codecs so normally that message doesn't appear. I can still rip audio cds and burn mp3 to audio cds so I would suggest that you do what Snowhog recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                You then, likely see the System Notification Helper icon in the System Tray. You can right-click on it and choose Never show again and be done with it.
                Thanks Snowhog, this fixed the issue for me in Mint 13 KDE.

Comment

Since last october (approx.) my k3b freezes or throws an error when burning more than 3.5 Gb to a DVD. I had to go back to Lucid Lynx to burn DVDs.

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
                  and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Originally posted by perspectoff View Post
                    Since last october (approx.) my k3b freezes or throws an error when burning more than 3.5 Gb to a DVD. I had to go back to Lucid Lynx to burn DVDs.
                    Are you using single- or dual-layer DVDs? The other day I burned a few coasters on dual-layer DVDs. Couldn't figure out what's up -- the burn would stop at 3.5 GiB just like yours. Then I tried a single-layer DVD and it worked fine. Weird.

Comment

Working...
                    X